Let’s admit that not all sunglasses look great on you. Why? There are lots of reasons. The most obvious is the wrong shape. Moreover, there are different styles of sunglasses that fit different occasions. For example, beach volleyball sunglasses will be suitable on the beach instead of some posh soiree party. How to pick the pair that will look gorgeous on you?
Choose Sunglass by Face Shape
This is one of the most reliable methods to pick sunglasses. We all have different types of faces which we need to consider while ordering glasses. Here are the basic recommendations for different faces:
- The oval-shaped face is compatible with large black or brown frames. Oval is one of the universal shapes that can look great with multiple types of sunglasses. You can go for aviators, cat-eye, round, and even square options. Keep in mind that if you have a small oval-shaped face you need smaller glasses. Pay attention to the skin tone and hair color choosing sunglasses. Pale skin is compatible with green frames, while yellow frames are beneficial for darker skin;
- A heart-shaped face needs cat-eye glasses and thin frames. Faces of this shape usually have smaller chine and larger brows. You can’t wear large sunglasses as they will cover the entire face and look inappropriate. You may also pay attention to small rectangular glasses, round shapes, and cat-eye frames;
- The square shape looks great with the big and round sunglasses. People with square faces usually have wide foreheads, wide cheekbones, and impressive jawlines. Small sunglasses don’t simply suit such faces. They will get lost there. You need to make sure that your face does not look gigantic in the glasses. Try the classic aviators with a teardrop shape and think about black frames;
- Round shape face is probably the most demanding when it comes to sunglasses. You need an angled frame and wide models. Since the width and height of the faces is close to equal, the sunglasses must be wider and the broadest part of the face. Try square and rectangular models. The most suitable models usually come from the sports sections, retro, and wayfarer. Ignore any circle shapes, since they will make the face only rounder, which you don’t need. Think about the decoration around the edges of the sunglasses, whether it is rhinestones or glitter.
Other Things to Consider
Apart from the face shape, you have to consider other factors. Since sunglasses consist of several parts, you have to make sure that they are all suitable for your face. Pay attention to the following features:
- Color of the lens;
- Color and shape of frames;
- Extra features like decoration.
Find Your Best Pair
Think about the period of time you want to wear these particular sunglasses. Sometimes you may get bored with one pair and would want to experiment with different shapes. Use these tips to pick models that will suit you. You must like the sunglasses too.
Do you often wear sunglasses? Which shape do you prefer? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Leave a Reply